Sunday, December 21, 2008

1st Annual Gingerbread House Competition

Greg and I decided to start a family tradition of building gingerbread houses every Christmas. We each had a category and three of our family members were judges.

Here is Greg, excited to start building! His category was the Northeastern United States.


Here I am, super amped about the competition!! My category was the Midwestern United States.

Here is Greg's finished product: the old State House in Boston, MA. He was going for a New England Christmas theme.
Here is mine, the Sears Tower in Chicago, IL. I was going for a City Christmas theme.


We had tons of fun building (and eating!) these!! I don't want to brag or anything, but my Sears Tower won!! haha!! We can't wait till the competition continues next year!

2 comments:

debbie said...

Yes, the competition is on for years to come!!! Great idea for a family tradition.

Love,

Mom

Stephanie said...

dang those are awesome! sounds like fun :)